Too Smart is the definitive guide to harnessing the power of technology, without letting it rule your life—or putting your personal privacy and security at risk. Author Tom Pyke combines a technophile’s enthusiasm with an insider’s insights. Using plain English (“Always have a ‘backup’ plan!”), he reveals how to make smart technology work for you—and how to get ready for the next wave of innovation.
Inside you’ll find everything you need to:
- Choose the right smart devices: Then make sure they do what you want them to—and only what you want them to, including over 31 cybersecurity tips to beef up your cybersecurity.
- Decode the new language of smart tech: The cloud, AI, the Internet of Things. Tom explains it all in easy-to-understand terms.
- Outsmart your “smart home” to keep your family safe: Get the advice you need to use smart tech to attack home tasks . . . while reducing the risk of cyberattacks.
- Prepare for what’s next: From self-driving cars to “smart assistants,” the future is already here. Here’s what you need to know to get ready.
- Get your life back! From mini-breaks to digital diets, Tom’s practical, easy-to-adopt advice helps you unplug, recharge, and reboot yourself.
There’s no doubt we’re living in an incredibly exciting time. At the touch of a button, we can do just about anything, including losing sight of the fact that tech is a tool to make our lives better—not take them over. Too Smart puts you back in the driver’s seat, so even if you’re in a self-driving car someday (and you will be), you’re in charge of where you’re going.